Search This Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Chapter 37: Plethora of feelings.... that went wrong.


Chapter 37: Plethora of feelings.... that went wrong.

“I will fetch you some water.” Ram turned back after making Priya sit on the leather couch. He looked back when she held his wrist tight under her grip. “Priya let me fetch some water then I will sit quite to listen to you.”

“No...Nah!” Priya stood up. She tripped. Ram held her tight preventing her from falling on her face. “Thank you my dear husband.” She smiled. “But you are bound to stand here and answer my questions faithfully for one last time.”

“For the last time. What do you mean by that?” Ram frowned.

“Because I can't stay with an unfaithful man like you.” Priya looked straight into Ram's eyes. “And don't deny that you are not dividing your time between me and her.”

“Priya listen to me.” Ram held Priya's face in his palms. “I don't think you will remember any thing if I even say the truth to you. Better you have a good sleep and we will talk tomorrow morning.”

“That's the problem with you Mr. Kapoor.” Priya pushed back Ram. In the process she tripped and before Ram could reach she fell on the couch behind.  

“Priya.” Ram bent forward. Before he could realise Priya pulled him close to her. “Priyaa...wh..what are you..doing?” He stammered.

“Why? Can't I do this?” She said tracing his finger from his forehead down to cheek stopping them on his lips. “Do you enjoy only kids doing this with you?”

“Priya! Shut up.” Ram stood up throwing Priya's hand aside. “You have lost it.”

“Yes I have. When I can see my love is dividing his time between me and her, then it is true I have lost my mind.” Priya shouted back. “And tell me Mr. Kapoor what she has that I don't.”

“Priya stop this non sense.” Ram warned without turning back to her.

“No I will not.” Priya trembled getting arrested under the influence of alcohol. But she managed to walk round and face Ram. “No I will not.” Tears bulged on her eyes. “Tell me what she has that you always find a way to run to her? Tell me what I lack?” Ram kept his eyes fixed on Priya.

“Ram.” Priya stepped closer. Ram realised she stepped out of her sandal before approaching. Taking two more steps towards him she stepped on his shoes. Like always she used to do at college. Clutching his shirt under one hand she traced her other hand caressing his hair, cheeks, tracing her thumb on his lips. He closed his eyes. He knew, if he fails to stop Priya where it will lead to. “Don't you love me anymore?” Priya's voice dragged him out of his thoughts.

“Priya.” Ram made his grip strong against her waistline. She gasped. “If I loved anyone that was you. If I still live, my love it is for you. And..” He felt a lump in his throat. Tucking her hair strand behind ear he looked at her kindly. A faint smile endorsed his lips. “And if I live to see another day I will always wake up feeling your love in my heart, every single day that will come after every night in my life.” He came closer but a thought stopped him. “My love is only for you. No one could ever even think to have a little of it.” He smiled again. “And now like my good girl please come and have a sleep.”

“huh!” Priya laughed out mockingly. “So that you can call that bitch here.”

“Priya, this place is only mine and ....” he stopped her eyes dropped down to the floor, averting away from Priya.

“Why you stopped Ram?” Priya made him face her again. She balanced her over his shoes. “Every time you stop. Because you don't love me anymore. But I will not stop because my feelings are true for you, Ram. True and sacred.”

Ram never felt it coming. He had no time to react when Priya leaned closer to him and placed her lips on his. Her first touch sent a shiver down his spine. Coming a little apart she kissed him again. This time more passionately. Ram tried to resist but he felt weak trapped under his own emotions. His fingers dug into Priya's waist, twisting the fabric when Priya sucked in his lower lips making him gasp. Failing to control his emotions Ram took over. Pulling her closer his one hand held her tight by waist and the other roamed against her back. He felt urgency in her approach. Kissing her gently, carefully not to hurt her, his hold against her waist loosened. But she didn't stop. Provoking him or not, but the urgency in her to win him back ran all over.

Pushing her mouth open Ram traced his tongue inside. It was not Ram who was leading the act but it was Priya who had the upper hand. Ram gave in to her in the process. Under her deep kiss he reciprocated back forgetting the influence of alcohol she had. His brain flashed back when Priya started trailing her kisses on his neck. He held her hands when Priya started unbuttoning his shirt. They were breathless. Their eyes meet. Ram stopped her for good but Priya felt a shot of anger inside her head. Her skin flushed red.

“Only your her satisfies you right?” Priya pushed back Ram. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Priya, this is not the right time.” Ram almost ran towards her. “We love each other, you love me and that doesn't need to be proved, dear, especially by doing all these.” He held up her face by chin. “I don't want you to hate me when you will wake up tomorrow morning.”

“No!” Priya moved out. “You want to keep yourself for Shrestha only. She have you now!” for the first time Priya called her by the name.

“Priya I have never seen Shrestha at your place. I only want you...”  Ram’s eyes fell on Priya's kurta. Soaked in blood the wound got bad. “Shit Priya...” He scooped up her on his arms and rushed inside a room.

Placing her carefully on bed he rushed out to bring the first aid box. Going through the prescription that he had saved in his mobile he knew that the ointments needed for dressing are not there. Dialling Vishesh number he waited for the time the former took to receive the call. “Vishesh I have sent you Priya's prescription please get that ointment and other necessities need to dress her wound.”

“Is she fine?” Vishesh hurried out the question.

“Yeah. She is. I need those. Her little stint at the bar made her wound bleed. And in this drunken state I don't want my family to get involved. She has an image and I want to keep it unaltered.” Ram  said rushing back to the room. He stopped finding Priya talking and smiling to herself while she drifted off into slumber. The softness of the mattress mixed with the turmoil that alcohol injected into her system made her calmer a little for a mere moment or may be this time her stint to prove her love for Ram came to halt. Unknown to her inner feelings Ram could only pray to have her calm all through the night. “Please bring it soon. I have messaged you my address too.”  Ram disconnected and threw the phone on the couch and walked to Priya. For a moment his head went blank. The wound needs to be cleared. He had antiseptic and cotton with him but for that he need to take off her kurti. Keeping aside the thoughts of the Priya's reaction he bowed down and carefully moved her kurti above waist and stopped. It was not possible for him to pull out that piece of cloth without hurting her more. He scratched his forehead trying to think of another way. An idea stroke but he stood wasting time thinking about the sanity of it. But at last he decided to go with it. Picking up a scissor he at first cut the edges of her kurti from both ends. He gasped and sighed deep before moving the scissor to the sleeves of the cloth. When the metal touched Priya's skin she tremble a little which made Ram more cautious. He sighed out a deep sigh when he was done with the process. Closing his eyes he pulled out the kurta from the other side of her body which was remained unhurt after that accident. She lied half naked in front. Trembling in sleep she shivered after intervals. Ram knew Priya could feel her nakedness. Pulling up the blanket he covered her till bosom. Cleaning the wound his eyes went to the watch. Almost forty five minutes passed after he ended the call with Vishesh. Ram was about to call Vishesh when the doorbell rang. Ram rushed to the door and as expected it was Vishesh.

“Sir, here are the medicines but is she okay?” Vishesh asked at first view of Ram.

“She is okay. I will take her to hospital tomorrow but before that I need to dress her wound. Nothing serious.” Ram said.

“Sir, I have training on First Aid. Our job requires it. If you don't mind...” Vishesh stopped under Ram's voice.

“NO..” Ram almost screamed. “I mean I can handle it. Thanks for taking so much pain. Coming this late from other end of city.” He was visibly nervous.

Vishesh smiled faintly, before Ram could notice he natured his face to normal expression. “In that case I will take my leave. Good night Sir and again as I said call me when ever you need me.” He turned and walked into the elevator that was parked on that floor.

~~

Vishesh was left stunned when he found the wind glass of his car shredded. Smashed into pieces it hung from on end only. Piece of glasses was seen around on the ground. His eye first went to the gate which remained still void of security guard. He took note in brain to inform Ram about his absence. He was the reason Vishesh has to park the car outside the building on the road. He looked inside and found a piece of black hand made paper. When he opened it he found two lines scribbled on it with chalk.

It read... “Stop putting your nose into Ram Kapoor's business. If you don't be ready to loose your life.”

He folded the paper and pushed it inside his pant's pocket. Dialling a number he looked up towards the building from which he came out few minutes earlier. “Yes. I need backup. Send in another car and call for a tow van. My car has meet with an accident.” He lied to his assistant over phone asking for help.

~~

Back at Pent House, after dressing Priya's wound Ram with much difficulty and being precautions put his one of t-shirts on her. He pulled out his jacket that was spoiled by blood and threw on the floor. Unbuttoning his shirt he stood their in his vest. Walking back to Priya he sat beside her. Caressing her head as he closed his eyes the moments just spent with Priya, left an impact on him. Those moments flashed back in the blackness. He sat straight on the bed breathing heavy. Walking straight to the balcony he lit a cigarette and leaned on the edge. Just then, his eyes went straight down to the road. He could see a tow van taking an U turn from the first divider and headed towards a car. He had strong feeling that the man inspecting carefully the procedure of towing was Vishesh. To confirm he called. From some feet above Ram could see the figure pulling out the phone from his pant's pocket.

“Sir, everything is fine?” Vishesh asked.

“That I should ask.” Ram said back. “What happened to your car?” Ram kept his eyes fixed on the figure that was speaking on the phone.

“To my car?” Vishesh never looked up. He knew if for once he does, he have to speak the truth to Ram. “Sir, I am on road.”

“Don't lie.”

“Why would I Sir? I am few kilometres away from your pent house.” Vishesh replied confidently.  

“But I can...” Ram looked back as he heard Priya taking his name. “I will call you back. Wait there only.” Disconnecting the call he rushed inside and found Priya talking in her sleep. She had turned to her left. The cover was hanging from the edge of the bed. Walking in cat paws he pulled up the duvet and covered her properly.

Ram called Vishesh, this time from the room. “What happened to your car Vishesh?”

“Sir, I am almost 3 kilometres away from your home. Trust me.” Vishesh insisted.

Ram walked out to the balcony and found no one down by the road side. He understood that Vishesh has managed to escape on time. Knowing that Vishesh was lying Ram rested the matter for that night. Wishing him a safe drive back home he walked inside and sat on the couch which was much more comfortable and spacious than the loveseat on which he sleeps.

After a while a car drove in. Vishesh came out from behind a road side stall, remained vacant at that time of the night. Seated on the front seat by the driver he instructed the other person to fetch the CCTV footage of the camera that was installed at the Society Gate and about the security guard.

~~

Next morning.

Priya flickered opened her eyes. The pain shot straight into her head. Managing to sit she leaned to the head rest with her eyes shut tight. Gathering strength she looked up and her eyes fell on the wall straight in front. Rubbing her eyes she looked up once again. At first she thought to be dreaming but she was very much alive and facing the reality. “How and where am I?” she asked herself.

When she tried to walk out from the bed Priya felt a sheer pain. Engulfing it she stood up and felt nothing wrong with her clothes until she looked her reflection on the mirror. Along with her reflection there was another reflection, another photo frame. Her changed attire went away from her brain. She turned around and again around and again. Then she realised she was standing in a room that has her pictures from different events and award functions she attended in last twelve years. The recognition she received where printed and fixed on the wall laminated on photo frames. Her eyes went to a show case that had her pictures only. Mostly from her birthdays, she counted, those were twelve in numbers but seven where exactly from the conference hall at Delhi, where she could be seen happily cutting the cake. And then her eyes went to the twelve boxes. When she should have reacted in surprise and elated she behaved otherwise. “What the fuck? How my pictures straight from my broad room came here?” She tried to open the show case. But it was locked, which she realised only after making some vain tries. Turning back her eyes went to the wall above the head rest. Her eyes glued at the frame. From college a picture endorsed the wall. Her face beaming with joy, the close up shot was taken by Ram. She remembered. “Ram.” Closing her eyes she trued to remember but couldn't. Everything was dark. Last incident she remembered was that bar.

“Raam...” She screamed walking out of the room. After loosing her way two times to the living room, she succeeded on the third time. Her eyes went to Ram, who was deeply engrossed in his i Mac. “Raam..” She said in deep anger.

“Good Morning.” Ram said looking back to Priya. “I will arrange breakfast for you.” He took two steps from his place when Priya stopped him.

“What you did to me last night? Did you forget about the prenuptial agreement?” Priya charged him.

“Hmm.” Ram smiled pleasantly. “I knew something like this may happen so I left the CCTVs to do their job.”

“CCTVs?” Priya asked.

“Priya, I don't live here.” Ram started. “So, I have CCTVs installed here at every corner, even in the room where you were sleeping last night. Only truth is I had to cut open your kurti so that I can dress your wound that was bleeding that time. For a moment only I had your view.”

“I don't believe you.” Priya frowned.

“Come with me.” Ram held her wrist in his grip. Priya resisted. “I said come with me and have a look on everything that happened between us. I will delete those recordings after that. Come with me please.”

Priya followed Ram into a room that looked like a study and at a corner there where six monitors. Asking Priya to sit, Ram played the recordings from the last night and he moved back. He noticed Priya's reactions while she watched the clips. In silence she sat after the recordings seemed to be static because it captured only empty rooms, Ram and her sleeping at the room that she vacated few minutes earlier. She looked down.

“But you kissed me.” Priya opened her mouth to speak.

“I told you that time, my feelings for you are not unknown and if there comes any advancement from your end and I surrender to it, that will not be considered as breach of contract. If you have forgotten then I can show the signed documents.” Ram smiled.

“I remember.” Priya snorted.

“That moment was one such and if you have done with it, can I do the needful? I don't want these to stay in system.” Ram said.

“Okay. But I saw Vishesh there for few minutes.” Priya asked.

“Yes. I called him. He came to deliver the medicines that I needed to dress your wound.” Ram clarified while he started deleting the footages from the last night. “Don't think me to be a creep.” He smiled a little.

“Can I ask you something?”  Priya asked under her heavy voice.

“Go ahead.” Ram said deleting the video footages. Instead of asking Priya maintained silence. Thinking for a long time she looked at Ram startled. She remembered least from the last night but the evidences he showed can never be planted. It was her who jumped into him. Her emotions failed in front of his indestructible respect for her and then she remembered that room. The room she was sleeping. It made her confused. What was it? Without asking anything she chose to stay silent. Turning back she walked out from the room. Once she thought to walk back to the room that least looked like Ram's but completely hers. But the fear of breaking down stiffened her instead she walked to the pool. Dripping her legs in the water she sat occupied in nothingness.

“Priya.” Ram called her from behind. She wiped her tears, which were realised them on her skin once her trance broke.

Ram kept a plate by her and stepped back. “Have some food we need to see a doctor.”

“Can you please sit by me?” Priya requested before Ram could open his mouth for the next time. In silence he sat by her, in the same way she was sitting.

“What is there in that room?” Priya asked.

Ram had realised a long back that the question was coming to him. He was ready to encounter. “Priya those are the years I lived with you. You lived with me. At heart.”

“Who is Shrestha?” Priya asked calmly as if she is now ready to wait and give him time to answer. As if she is ready to accept anything that Ram will furnish as an answer.

“I can answer you this in words. But to know who is Shrestha you have to come along with me to “A Place in Heart.” And trust me she is not any other girl in my life.” Ram said preparing himself for the reply.

“I trust you.” Priya's reply surprised Ram.

“What did you say?” Ram asked back out of the shock. With rounded big eyes he looked at Priya.

Priya snapped a bad look to Ram declaring that she is not going to repeat.

“Priya...” Ram let out a deep sigh. “Priya I only loved you and will love you always even if you don't.”

“I know.” Priya again surprised Ram with her reply. But Ram felt her to be lost in own emotions she is trying to hide.

“Do you have clothes in your pent house?” Ram distracted her.

“Haan!” Priya pretended missing the question. After Ram repeated the same query again. She nodded back with a yes. “Code is 0809” Priya prompted the passkey.

“It is useless now. You need to use the security card to open the door which I fear you don't have right now!” Ram smiled. “And thanks to me I am still due to put a separator on the pool so I can use that way to go.” Ram pulled out his t shirt and slipped inside the pool. “Don't worry I will not spoil your clothes. This pool is deep at the furthest corners only. It has convex flooring.” He said while walking towards the other pent house and soon he went out of the sight.

Collecting few clothes in the plastic bag, Ram walked back towards his pent house through the pool but he panicked at first when he found Priya to be not at the pool side. His eyes roamed around and fell on her walking towards the end of the pool. He cursed himself to speak the truth. “Priya stop. You will get an infection. For God's sake stop.” He said while hurrying towards the pool side. But when Priya didn't he threw the plastic bag with all his force and thankfully other than a piece of cloth all the contents of the plastic bag fell scattered on the dry end of the pool. Swimming fast he stopped in front of Priya.

“Priyaa!” Ram cupped her face and took her name lovingly. “Why are you crying?” he asked softly.

She denied replying and tears kept on rolling down silently down her cheeks. Without a second thought she threw her arms around Ram's neck and hugged him tight hiding her face on the crook of his neck. Her sobs slowly engulfed the complete environment.

“Priya stop crying and come with me you will catch cold and more over to it, your wound will get infections.” Ram tried to move but Priya's weight and friction with water resisted. “Priya please.” Ram stopped as her words crawled into him through his auditory system.

“I love you Ram. I love you.” Priya kept on repeating her words.

Ram felt a lump in his throat. He was waiting for her to feel her love for him. He wanted to hear these three words for him again but he was not happy. He cursed himself to take her to the forbidden room. All those years that he lived alone remembering her, celebrating her success with himself opened up his helplessness, his wounds from the past. He wanted Priya to love him again but not like this, feeling pity for him and his pains. Ram cursed himself. Ram cursed himself to allow Priya to realise her love for him driven by the pity of painful years he lived alone. When he should be the happiest person on earth, he acted to be happy but couldn't be happy exactly.

He wanted Priya to love him for love she treasured for him at heart, not for the pity she felt inside her brain.

Closing his eyes calming himself and resting his thoughts Ram hugged her back.


Until We Meet

Love


NB 

5 comments:

  1. The emotions which has taken a back seat behind the mask of rude and arrogance of her now came out only due to jealousy and insecurities Priya has for Shrestha regarding her husband.

    Love hasn't fade away not from Ram's heart nor from Priya's too but she was only one declining and hiding it which surely surfaced and pour it with the kiss happened between the two lovers.

    But good that with her drifting to sleep they stopped. If not only regeret and guilt will surface to both of them in the morning. With so many safety around still that intruder manage to harm another attack but glad Vishesh managed well.

    Priya as usual didn't believe but Ram has proof of his right intentions now seems both of will be their for each other with love she once again confessed her love to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chalo at last update bhi agaya and I love you bhi bol diya madam ne .... lovely jst too lovely ... awsomeeeeeeee ������������

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi superb update again
    Yet again RK n Vishesh are clueless who is the intruder.this is definitely interesting and the guy knows each and every move of rk. Question is he is not harming ram , instead he wants to torture ram mentally , by troubling his loved one of those who are with ram.
    Well Priya in drunken state had told what she treasured in her heart and which she cannot tell or express when she is normal.
    Ram is very true , if you live somebody it doesn't really need to be expressed or end in physical intimacy , it's all about your emotions , that connect , that trust , that affection and care, that belongingness. Simple gestures do a lot more to get one to life, which is certainly Priya wants from ram, so is ram . His silent cries,pain of these many years ,sadness and guilt of putting Priya into such a state , mostly the separtion, only Priya can hold him n allow him to forget and lead life in the present.
    I solely can see the awkwardness between the couple though they live each other, but years of separation and the commitments they had for their work changed them into a much matured Ppl now. Obviously both of them cannot behave as they were in college. But rightly they need to get back to that own self of showing rights on each other , not bcoz they are married by lawfully, but bcoz they live ,trust n care for each other. Definitely Priya has realized her love , she knows he too has the same pain as her , and her silent cries showing that she is hurt bcoz she hurt him, she is hurt bcoz she thought he hurt her. Her mind and heart are fightung, her heart won, but to get that in words us something she needs to do it, of course ram can only make her open up , else Vikki n neha or meera.

    More interesting stuffs good going , fantastic update again thank you .

    Waiting ........

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest this is best part so far full of RaYa & filled with their love only awesome mind blowing too good I just loved the way you penned down it in words so beautifully....

    So this time Priya was out of control bit Ram took care if not doing anything wrong that they will regret on next morning but the way Ram handled this situation was great...

    So this man is all being RaYa to harm them mentally not much by physically but still fail to understand who it could be well Vishesh is such a nice person always helping RaYa & now taking all risk by his own....

    Coming to the part after morning I guess finally Priya realized her feeling for Ram & ready to accept that too.. but do really she is doing out if being pity on Ram....

    I guess no she actually felt his love & her feelings for him which is just pure live but this time Ram is misunderstanding it... so sad things never leaving RaYa to be happy ever... I wish all the other things place correctly in next.... I would like to see what is in those gifts which Ram kept for Priya soon.... do post next soon will be waiting to read....

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 48 : Enough to be Worse.

Chapter 48 : Enough to be Worse. Everyone in the room stood stunned as Jayesh and Sudheer went through the warrant t...