Search This Blog

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Falling Apart || Part 8


Falling Apart : Part 8







Priya lied lazily on her back, appreciating her self control. Tapping her shoulder she congratulated herself to show the utmost control over her emotions seeing Ram Kapoor after a long time. There was much that he needs to know he needs to hear. But in all these twelve years she tamed her heart in such a way that nothing other than four people in her life affects her. She turned and resting her head on her palm, with the elbow to support she smiled thinking about Ram. Eventually she laughed.

“He is really Big now. As of Name , fame and size. I must ask him someday how he managed to destroy his killing looks from the past.” She giggled to herself, “But you look cuter now Mr. Ram Kapoor.”

“What are you thinking about Priya!” She suddenly scolded herself. “I have nothing to do with his cuteness or nothing. He is here to do business and I am here to make money that’s it.”

Priya stood up to leave for the changing room to select a suitable pair of ethnic wear for her from the wardrobe. She quickly grabbed one from it, even not looking at it for once and came back to the room to attend the call on her mobile. She hurried because, her device allowed only four persons to reach her when it is Do not DIstrub mode. It was Jayesh who called her up.

“Yes Uncle” she responded while taking out the Salwar Suit from the hanger.

“Priya how rude and unjust we are see.” Jayesh said.

“What happened uncle? Is there any problem?” Priya dropped the Suit on her bed worryingly.

“Yes there is a big problem. See Priya we the businessmen sometime forget about our ages and try to blame every other people for what they do?”  Jayesh continued.

“I cant understand what you are saying.” Confusingly Priya answered.

“Ram, Priya, Ram. I am talking about him. We never thought that how long he can manage to laugh and crack foolish jokes with old people like us. Even he is new to this place too and with no friends or any relatives around him will feel bored isn’t it?” Jayesh laughed now.

“I am still not getting it uncle.” Priya sounded more confused.

“Priya.. Sometimes I just wonder do you remember anything other than numbers? Arey  it is natural for him to get bored amongst us. We are almost double or 30 plus than his age. What I mean to say if there is someone who can accompany him at Delhi are you.” Jayesh could hardly complete from the other side Priya almost shouted, “WHAT!!”

“Why is there any problem?”

“No uncle I mean to say we are going to do business with them and …” Priya was disallowed to speak further.

“Priya keep this business word locked inside your closet for God’s sake. I have not trained you to discard your personal life and forgot to live neither do Meera, I will ask her today if she has trained you in this way.”  Now Jayesh sounded pretty offended, “And this is no request no order, but this is an instruction get ready and come here, pick Ram and stroll around and then come to the Sangeet venue. Is that clear?” Jayesh said like a strict boss.

“Yes Uncle I will be there in an hour, and before you say why an hour when it takes 20 mins drive from my home to yours. Let me clarify I will take shower get ready and then will come.”She said.

“Good.” Jayesh disconnected the call and walked upstairs.

~~

“What the hell.” Priya threw the mobile on the bed in anger, “Now I have to be his guide? And what does that mean he was never been to Delhi, New here. Doesn’t he spend 3 years of his life here and what no relatives where the hell his …” Priya stopped as that night again flashed inside her head. “Stop it!” Priya scolded herself, “Dare to think about it. So what I know him, so what if … I loved him. Right now he is my client, my business and my profit.” Priya collected the Salwar suit and walked to the changing room.

~~

“Ram…” Jayesh called him by his name after knocking at the door, where he was relaxing.

“Please uncle come in.” He almost jumped out of his thoughts.  

“Look son, I have already spoken to Amarnath, he is in favour of it and he has also corrected his mistake,, it is natural for you to feel awkward, anyone will feel awkward. Even if I was at your place I would have reacted the same.” Jayesh said.

“Uncle about what?” Ram looked surprise.

“How long can you manage with people who are not of your age? I know Ram it is bit boring. So I have a solution for it.” Jayesh continued disallowing Ram to speak , “Priya and you are of same age group I guess and who else than her can give you company better.” That name gave him almost the shock of his life again and company what the man opposite to him is talking about, he is completely clueless about. “ Don’t worry I have spoken to her and she is coming in an hour, what you need to do is to change and get ready, have a stroll around, see our city, Priya knows every Gali mohalla of this city and trust me she is a great guide and beautiful person. You will cherish her company.” Jayesh could hardly finish, when Amarnath spoke from the door.

“Ram now you should not have any problem with it. Do you?” His father asked.

“No Bauji I don’t have any problem. But if Ms Sharma is comfortable?” Ram asked hesitatingly.

“Don’t worry about her. She is perfectly fine with it.” Jayesh said.

Amarnath Kapoor walked upto his son, putting his hands on his shoulder he looked to his son, “Look beta I am sorry to be so rude with you actually what Jayesh noticed I never did neither do your mother. You also need company, had Vikram be here you would look cheerful. Thanks to jayesh and Priya that they agreed, otherwise you would feel more irritated and which in whole was not good.”

Bauji you don’t need to say sorry. Did I say when…” Ram paused but smiled later.

“Okay then young man get ready Priya is very punctual, for her one hour means one hour.” Jayesh said, “Amarnath lets go and have some tea and around 8 we will leave for Dristhi’s Sangeet”

“Let’s club in with Sudheer and Shipra..” Amarnath said while leaving the room, “Priya will drop back Ram isn’t it? Or we will come back and Priya will drive back Sudheer and Shipra, which ever is convenient, what say?”

“Good idea. Let me call Sudheer and you inform the same to bhabhi ji. This was the last thing that Ram could hear from Jayesh as he left the room behind his father.

~~

“Maa..” Priya called her mother as she rushed downstairs, “Where are my car keys?”

Nahi milegi.” Shipra snapped out.

“Okay then I am telling Jayesh Uncle that I am not coming.” Priya unlocked the screen of her phone to call. Shipra stopped her and asked about her plans to leave so early. She informed her about the plan that Jayesh planned and she is obeying him only.

“Okay.” There is a witty smile on Shipra’s face.

“No maa, not again and this time never thought about all those non sense. Mr Ram Kapoor is my client my business and where you are trying to figure me out with him cut the crap and can I leave now?” Priya jerked her mother out from the thoughts.

Haan..” Shipra looked smiling at her daughter.

kya mein jaa sakti hoon?” Priya stretched out her words irritatingly, with a nod from her mother, she asked to inform her father and they will directly meet at the scheduled place.

~~

Igniting the car she moved through the Delhi traffic, “So I have to figure it out whose plan is this actually? Had Ram asked for all these from Jayesh Uncle. Did he expected me to be here or he had all the information from the very beginning?” Priya pondered herself with all this interrogation, knowing that she is barred from asking, that may go rude with the prospective client. Priya and Jayesh’s house were located within 2 kms from either’s place. It took around 20 minutes to reach her destination. The guard came running in to open the door for Priya. She in denial asked him to leave. With a deep sigh she pushed open the car door, before entering the house she closed her eyes and tried to tame her brain and heart in the same tune again. “You can do it Priya!” She patted herself and walked straight in.

Jayesh and Amarnath were sitting on the living room discussing business she guessed.

“Hello Uncle!” She greeted and took a seat on the couch opposite to the elderly men.

“See Amarnath, this is my Priya, 1 hour means 1 hour only and she is here.” Jayesh appreciated Priya for her punctuality, “ And you will see many more of it. She is the reason the company that I started with 1000 employees is the home for almost 5000, right Priya ..” Jayesh paused for Priya’s nod, “Almost 5000 employees. I am so proud of her.”

“Please uncle stop embarrassing me.” Priya added, “ What I learnt I learnt from you only.”

Beta learning and developing has lots different amongst you know. You developed with your learning. That needs to be appreciated.” Amarnath added. The conversation halted as Ram came to the living space.

“Hello Ms. Sharma.” He greeted, “Sorry for the inconvenience.”

“Priya. Please call me Priya, Mr. Kapoor.” She stood up.

“Then call me Ram.” He waited for a while, “Priya.”  In response she smiled as a gesture of acceptance.

“Okay then get going you two and Priya take good care of him, and young man go have a look around our city, you will love it. Kyun Priya”  Jayesh winked.

“Sure.. Mr. Kapoor  Muskuraiye, App Delhi mein,  Bye Uncle.” She greeted Amarnath and Jayesh and walked towards her car with Ram. Ram, who walked behind her noticed every little step she took towards her car. With the beep the car got unlocked and Ram stood little surprised.

Kya hua?” She asked, “Thinking about my mom’s worry? Don’t worry Mr. Kapoor people say I drive good. App ko kuch hone nahi dungi.  Sit.” She slipped into the driver’s seat.

~~

When the car was moving through the sloth traffic of Delhi Ram broke the silence, “What the hell is this?”

“What?”Priya snapped out looking around for anything wrong has been noticed by him , not being confirmed she asked , “ is there a problem?”

“ I mean...” Ram paused, “can you please stop this bloody damn car. I need to talk.”

“There is nothing to talk Ram. Don’t over react.”Priya looked straight to the traffic, “What you are seeing is the truth. The truth that was written way back, by ..” She paused, “and don’t worry no one is going to know what I and you shared once upon a time. I have left it and moved in my life and i expect so do you.”

“Do you really expect that of me priya?” Ram snapped out.

“Oh! What should I expect then even better than that?” she sounded very cold and flat.

“Doesn’t it matter to you that I am in front of you after damn 12 years?” Ram asked curiously, waiting for her to answer.

“No.” She hurt him this time, “ I don’t allow me myself to have any kind of emotions for any people. 

Do you ever saw a dead man to have emotions? I am breathing, that is the only difference, I have earned much luxuries, My life is settled up , stable, that all I need. There is no time for any kind of stupidity in my life. I left it there where and when we parted.”

“I can explain everything priya. Neither you gave me chance that time nor you are in mood to listen it now.” Ram looked at Priya, who was unmoved., “Priya I am talking to you.”

In minutes, Priya drove into a Starbucks Coffee Shop, “Come I need to clear something to you. I Guess you would not mind to have a cup of coffee?” Priya said getting out of the car. Ram obeyed her, with the hope that he might get a chance to explain every odds that happened and parted them 12 years ago. They walked inside, and as Priya was regular there the manager greeted her and lead to her favourite table. “What should I get for your Ma’am and Sir?” He asked politely.

“For now a glass of water please. We are placing order in minutes.” Priya said taking her seat.

“Look Ram” Priya Started, “I don’t know if you have any update about me or not. Guessing that you have not any update about me, though the google pages have some information about me, I have come a long way and have discarded every past from my memory. I don’t remember anything, neither what we had or what tore us apart. Neither I need any explanation from you, nor i will allow you to waste my time with such nonsense.”

“You have changed a lot Priya. You were not like this earlier.” Ram said sitting there shell shocked.
badal toh tum bhi gaye ho Ram, Kafi Phail chuke ho.”Priya smiled.

Ram smiled casually, “But something about you has not changed.” Priya looked at him for an answer, he added, “ Your smile and your eyes. You might have turned yourself into a ruthless demon but Ms. Sharma your eyes are saying another story.”

Accha  so what it is exactly?”

“That you are happy to see me here.”

“Don’t keep all this crap inside your head, it hurts. When your expectations are rolled out to be wrong it hurts. It really hurts.” Priya leaned back to her chair, “Look Ram I don’t want our past to come across the professional relationship that we might share amongst. It’s important for me . What you are seeing today with me, is pretty hard earned by me and I don’t want to spoil it because of something stupid happened in past between us.”

“Which one you are calling stupid?” Ram said sharply.

“The whole you and me matter, out God damn relationship.”

“You have turned yourself...” Ram was in anger; his voice was louder than earlier. He controlled himself and looked other side trying to ignore Priya, but how could he; the woman he still loves madly is in front of him after 12 years and that also in the most unexpected manner.

“Bitch.” Priya’s word was enough to piss off Ram. He controlled his anger after hearing it.

“Yes that is. Happy?” Ram looked irritated, “What happened to you? Why you have turned yourself into such emotionless creature Priya?”

“Weren’t it enough to turn me into a dead Ram?” Priya looked at him, “ When your emotions are used and thrashed out what you expect?”

“Priya.. Priya give me a chance to explain I have not used your emotions.” Ram defended.

“There is no time for the non sense Ram. I didn’t even remember what happened why it happened and what we had and don’t worry no one from my family know about you. I never told them the name. Not even Jayesh uncle.”

Ram opened his mouth to speak, Priya stopped him , “Please Ram don’t. Don’t take it out of the grave. I want a healthy professional relation with you , if this deal works out that’s it.”

“Okay when you are adamant and will not listen to me at any cost. I am not going to force you. But ....” Ram stopped as his phone buzzed. “Ya!” He answered, “I am in a meeting will talk to you later.”

Karlo baat..” Priya looked at Ram, who just disconnected the call, “Don’t you miss her?”

“How do the hell you that it is call from a lady?” Ram looked suspiciously at her.

“Ram.. when a man lies of being in a meeting , when he is not in general case either he is lying to his wife or girlfriend, and as per my knowledge you are still bachelor so I it’s your girlfriend.”  Priya stirred her coffee.

“No one special.” Ram digged into his chicken sandwich. The phone rang again.

“Take it! You don’t need to be so formal with me Ram. Neither is we a couple nor friends.” She sipped her coffee. She kept on hurting Ram with her one after another harsh words but he kept his cool, wishing to God to give him a chance to explain Priya everything. Might be that is her way to make him repent for the mistake he never wanted to commit.

“Ya. Is it urgent?” Ram spoke taking the call, while he kept his eyes fixed on Priya. “I told you I will be out of Mumbai and now I don’t know when I will be back, I have an important work to do and what the hell is leading  you to India?” Ram excused himself from Priya. As he stood at a corner, he smiled looking at disturbed Priya. He smiled knowing that she still have feelings for him, might not that what he feels for her but she do have feelings for him. He smiled cunningly to execute his fake call plan properly without even letting Priya know. He faked to speak for another 1 or 2 minutes and headed back to Priya.

“So done!” Priya asked looking up from the magazine she held on her hand.

“Cars?” Ram looked surprised, “From when did you get interested in all these?”

“Why? Is it a crime or only men can show interest over it!”

“No I mean, you were not like this..” Ram sipped his coffee which has almost given up most of its heat to the atmosphere.

“You have just met me Ram.” Priya smirked, “there is lot to know about me. Much is left to know. I might be surprising you most of the time then.”

“Okay? Can I ask you one thing?” Ram looked up, while Priya answered.

“Boy Friend?” She almost laughed, “I don’t believe this. Priya Sharma has no time for all these non sense, I am free today for Dristhi’s Sangeet and for next two days after tomorrow for her Marriage that is happening at their farm house, else I keep myself busy from 6 to 12 whether it is at office or home. You don’t know this Priya, Ram, and whom you know has died much earlier. So keep your little nosy out of my business. Ask it to mind it’s own.”

“It is. When you are my business.” His reply made Priya raise her eyebrows, “Well I am here to do business isn’t it Ms Sharma and I was informed that you handle the complete business since Jayesh Uncle had Bypass Surgery? If it is true, then you are definitely my business, I am going to invest money on you and you are going to make money out of it.”

“Your father’s money!” She couldn’t complete.

“Next time before you speak, make sure that you are confident about your research! This project is my investment not my father’s and what do you think I was doing at US all these days? Partying and flirting?” He narrowed his eyes to her. “You know what I let out to media about me nothing more than that. We are Kapoors Priya, we don’t make our lives public and I guess you are more protective about you and your family than us.” Now he leaned back for a reply from her.

“Sorry to misjudge you. Mr. Kapoor.” She apologised.

“Good for you.” Ram thought he has won some credibility. But he was proved wrong by Priya’s reply. Sharply she said that she is not afraid to say sorry if she commits, she is not coward. Again she poked him for what she declared not to remember from past. But she remembers everything. “We must leave, I drove to the opposite side and this is the peak hour, there will be much traffic.” They finished the rest of the snacks and coffee in silence which almost killed Ram a thousand deaths.


~~

The time was almost 8 when Priya and Ram reached the place, Dristhi’s father is associated with Jayesh from a long time, even when Priya didn’t entered the business. Dristhi’s mother hugged Priya and looked at the unknown face there, Ram’s”

“Who is this handsome fellow? Priya” she asked, mocking her, “So at last you agreed to join the league.”

“Come on Aunty he is also your guest and his father and Jayesh uncle are friends. App bhi naa..” Priya smiled, “He is Ram Kapoor, Amarnath Kapoor’s Son.”

“Oh my God!” Dristhi’s father exclaimed, “I am seeing you after long seven years right! You have changed a lot and where is Amarnath?” he welcomed Ram.

“Bauji and Maa are on the way with hers” Ram pointed out at Priya.

Priya excused herself and walked to the bride. Ram followed her every where almost but till the Kapoors and the Sharmas along with Jayesh came there. Ram has to be with his father, formally for the first time he is getting introduced to the business world, where his father has cemented his feet firm and now it’s his turn to follow the legacy. Though he wanted to run to Priya who was enjoying the sangeet function happily but his profession and commitments to his father stopped him to do so. He loves her but he respects his father too.

~~

Ram meet Priya straight at the parking, after the dinner. She was there with her family. Krishna Kapoor was also there. Shipra and she were making plans to spend the next day , when the men and the their kids will be busy with the business for which they are here. Priya was a spectator only. She found Ram along with other three men walking towards them.

maa.. papa aa gaye.” Priya said standing straight from the dashboard of the car.

“So what’s cooking behind us ladies?” Amarnath Kapoor said.

“Nothing I and Shipra are planning for tomorrow. App log toh busy honge office mein  we must engage us in something. I was thinking I will do some shopping.”

“Not again mom. Don’t we have shops and malls at Mumbai?” Ram looked not happy with his mother’s decision.

“Even Priya don’t like shopping.” Shipra added, “You know Mrs. Kapoor when she does shopping? when she really needs something and how she does, only about 10 mins she needs for shopping,  gayi, jo cheese chahiye uthaya and if she needs any outfit, the first thing her eyes catches, she grabs it and walks to the billing section, that’s why I never go with her for shopping” Shipra complained and teased her daughter at a time.

Priya didn’t replied on contrast she replied, “and can we leave maa now, I have a long day to finish and I have to start next day early.”

“I think we should leave.” Jayesh suggested, “and Ram come with us now and Priya you will drive back home.”

“Yes Uncle.. only if maa remains quiet.” Priya said, “ Good night Aunty, Good night Uncle” she greeted the elders, she almost ignored Ram , she corrected the same to avoid awkwardness, she turned and extended her hand to Ram, “It was nice meeting you Mr. Kapoor, I look forward for the association.” Ram took gripped her hand, in a firm shake and smiled, “Same here Ms. Sharma.”

Parting Priya and Ram walked towards the respective cars, which zoomed into the traffic on the same direction.

~~


It was the normal time at night for Priya when she climbed up on her bed for sleep. She always used to check two things properly before going to sleep, one her official mobile that remains switched off and the personal mobile which always remain switched on, except when she is on flights. Just after checking when she turned off the lights of the room, the second phone buzzed. Fewest of the few people knew about the number and those who knew, they are on her contact list but this one, which was calling in the odd hours was unknown to her.  There might be any emergency for any one of her close one. She picked up the call and shocked to find Ram on the other side.

“Who the hell on the earth gave you my number, specially this one?” She frowned.

“Relax, is there any problem if I call you in this number?” Ram sounded calm on the other side.

Priya controlled her anger, and being subtle she asked again, “From whom did you get this number? Please tell? Is that Maa?”

“No, Jayesh Uncle gave it to me this evening, I didn’t tell you.” Ram told the truth adding , “ and now a days every person is used to two numbers I even have two. This is my personal number, which very few people know.”

“Same her Ram, I don’t give everyone my this number”

“Oh! So I am an everyone who was supposed to be neglected right?”

“Leave it! Tell me is there any urgency, that you called at this wee hours, what’s the matter?” She asked.

“Yes.”

“And that is?”

“I can’t sleep.” Ram’s answered frowned Priya even more.

“WHAT!” she shouted almost, “Ram are you mad you can’t sleep and for that what i can do? For heaven’s sake Ram let me sleep, I have a long day tomorrow.”

“The reason is you Priya, I can’t stop thinking about you.” Ram sealed Priya’s mouth for a moment. She felt what she used to feel for him way back. She could hear her heart beating against the rib cage. It pondered against it. Now she sat straight with her back resting on the head rest of the bed. Both them could hear their breathes that was the only sound that prevailed that time.

“Ram” she said with a deep sigh, “I am no one to think for or about. I am not that Priya you lo...” She stopped abruptly there, “You know. I am someone else. Please don’t think about me or for me, I was happy the way I was , I am happier the way I am and I will always be happiest the way I will shape up myself and my life.” She broke Ram’s heart into million pieces with her last words, “ And there is no place for either you or anyone else in this world. I am happy because I am accomplished alone and whom I need in my life are standing head strong with me for the last 12 years. At this stage and age I don’t need anyone and please don’t indulge your heart to the presence of mine, thinking that I was the same as you left forever in grave twelve years ago.”

“Priya give me a chance to speak, that day not only you, I was also in pain.” Ram pleaded.

“I know that’s why I gave you time, Ram that day what Rajat did to me with me, I can forgive him for his sins, because for him I was the one who double crossed him I was the one to be called faulty but what you did Ram, I trusted you the most, I at last thought to have someone brave my side, but how would I know only to dig the grave for me?”

“Priya once. Give me a single chance.” Ram again pleaded.

“For what Ram? You know something, Rajat is someone who I thank every day, you know why? He is the reason of my rise, this city snatched everything from me, every happiness. I tendered everything back from it with interest. But what you did with me, is nothing less than a murder Ram.” She gritted her teeth in anger, “And I will never allow you to say a single word in your defence to make me weak again, to give you another chance to play with me. Do you get that!”

“Okay priya, I will not ask for chance again. I will wait for the day when you will give me that chance of your own. I will wait for you.” Ram said.

“In your dreams.” Priya irked him, “Please Ram this conversation is going no where and I don’t know what made me speak to you so long?” “and” she continued, “No one speaks about that day with me Ram, no one. So dare you speak about it again.” Priya could feels her tears trickling her eyes for an escapade. She denied breaking.

“I already told you Priya I will not bas ek baat ki dukh reh gayi.” Ram smiled.

“What?”

“That time you were in denial that you loved me and this time too.” He said.

“Who said you that?” She replied, “Yes I was in denial that time but not this time, yes I do loved you, I do love you. But that time I loved you more than anything. And now I love to hate you more than anything. Yes I love to hate you Mr Ram Kapoor.”

Chalo bad dua mein hi sahi , You at least remember me.” He added, “I will wait for you.”

“Whatever” Priya showed her arrogance, “And now when you have got your answer can I sleep please.”

“Oh Yes.” Ram couldn’t complete Priya disconnected the call from the other end, and for the first time she switched off her personal number. Covering her with the duvet she closed her eyes tight. For about half an hour she turned herself from that side to this, but her sleep hormones denied to help her to fall asleep, restless she sat up, the medicines that were prescribed by her doctor to her mother is there with her too, unknown to the patient herself. She pulled the drawer of the side table open, stripping out a table of 0.1 mg power she broke it into almost two equal parts, first she thought to gulp a part and keep the other back into the drawer, then she dropped the idea, she gulped the tablet and slid inside the duvet. It helped her then, covering up her anxiety at last she could sleep.

On the other side, Ram stood on the terrace puffing off his cigarette she looked to the picture kept safe in his wallet. Caressing it he smiled. “I will wait for you Priya. This is going to be crazy, making  a girl fall for you who don’t even know you is tough, but making a lady fall for you , who hates you more than she loves you is adventurous. This is going to be crazy.” He smiled as he puffed off the cigarette again.


~~


“Priya.. Priya.. Priya..” She woke up with her name continuously taken by her mother, who was pushing her hard and trying to get her out of the sleep.  “Priya.. Priya wake up beta..” Shipra pushed her again, this time little harder.

“Ouch Maa.” She sat up rubbing her eyes, “Good morning” she said in a heavy voice, “What’s the time?”

“7:30”

“What!!!! I am late.” Priya pushed away the duvet and ran towards the washroom.

“What made her sleep so late Sudheer?” Shipra asked.

“Let her come we will figure this out.” Sudheer walked out of the room asking Shipra to stay back. Shipra sat on one of the bean bags kept on the room, matched with the contrast of the room. She flipped through the magazines kept there on the tea table. Priya was still in the washroom , when Sudheer again came there and asked for Priya’s phone.

“It must be here only, she went to wash room bare handed.” Shipra walked to the bed and checked where priya generally keeps her phones. She found both of them. Showing it to Sudheer she said that both of them are switched off.

“Meera” Address Sudheer, “Both the phones are switched off. I will ask her to call you as soon as she comes out. Shipra please ask her to call Meera immediately. “ Sudheer walked away disconnecting the call.

The arrays of unorganized incidents made Shipra thoughtful. Her daughter has followed a strict organized chart for controlling her life, she has certain sets of rule, most of which has been broken today, that was a serious issue, she thought. Priya walked out of the changing room in her business attire. “Maa please I will skip breakfast today, else I will be late.”

She picked up the phones and switched both of them on. “Shit! Meera called so many times i think something serious issue is there.”

“Yes she called your father and asked you to call immediately.” Shipra passed on the information.
Priya called Meera and wished her Good Morning.

“Maya and Rajesh are here Priya and you are late and this is for the first time you know that. But Why were you phone were not reachable?” Meera, the CFO of the company asked her.

“Not, Not reachable, I switched them off. And before you ask why and all that, I am heading to office and I can reach before the Kapoors will reach there even Jayesh Uncle and let me inform you Jayesh Uncle will come with the Kapoors. Ok.” She disconnected the call and had almost bided her mom bye , she was stopped by her.

“Priya I know you are in hurry but tell me few things which is bothering me beta badly. “ Shipra pulled Priya to the undone bed and made her sit.

“This is the first time I have to wake you up. What happened to you? You never slept so deep. Unmoved.” Shipra asked, “and why your phones were switched off? Tell me?”

Looking at her worried mother she decided to tell her the truth with little modifications, “ Maa, last night I was not able to sleep. So..”

“What so..” Impatiently Shipra asked.

“Wo, I have your sleeping pills and...gussa maat hona. I just took one from it.” Priya tried to defend herself.

“What! You have them, where are those? Where are those?” Shipra stood up and searched for those medicines, she opened the bed side drawer after searching them on bed and her dressing table. Shipra looked very angry when she found five strips in the drawer, “Priya if I want I can tell this to Jayesh Ji and your papa, but I trust you, I am not going to tell this to anyone but dare you do this again. I am not asking for the prescription of mine that you have with you, only because I trust you and I am trusting you that this will never be repeated again.”

Shipra is a lucky go happy woman, who is very friendly with her daughter, she never gets annoyed so easily. She has a natural instinct of taking things lightly. But it is really alarming when something annoys her and Priya annoyed her with what she did. So she choose to say sorry to her mother with a hug.

“I will never do that again. Promise.” Priya hugged her mother tight, “Next time if I feel insomniac I will chose to climb between you and papa and sleep there as I used to do as a kid .”

chalega” Shipra kissed her daughter’s head.

“Now may I leave.” Priya asked.

“Yes. But do have some fruits in breakfast at least.” Shipra advised as Priya stood up to leave.

“Maa Today I am taking kaka with me, today I don’t feel like driving. So I will have some fruit from the dine okay.” She smiled and ran downstairs as fast as she can. Shipra followed her from the stairs she saw her picking up some fruits before calling her long time chauffeur, whom she calls kaka. Priya wanted to hide her anxiety very cleverly but a mother’s eyes can’t be escaped.

She felt the storm budding up inside her daughter, what she doesn’t knew is the reason, which definitely has to be found out she said to herself.


I thought to introduce Meera in this update but it is already much long and I was busy in sketching few characters for the next one, which I will be posting soon in my blog and it has some twist. A sweet twist and I think You will love the story too as I liked theirs. Actually I love their story, It is like a dream. It is a real life story on which I wanted to work since a long time, but they never allowed me, and now almost after a try of 3 years they agreed to give me permission to work on it with giving it some fictional touch and not using their names or their kids name. So I thought to work on it with my favorite Raya. 

2 comments:

  1. The face off between the lovers who had immense love for each other in past didn't​ go than expected.

    The love hasn't finished from his side but their is denial from accepting the same for her side. The past which is known to them made a great impact on Priya life which changed her completely that her parents also don't know actual truth.

    Ram on other side didn't get chance to justify the deed he has done in past but seems she held him a major responsible than Rajat who might have done something grave with Priya.

    Parents are one who support and are their children but Mr and Mrs kapoor along with Mr and Mrs Sharma can't get through their children heart and mind but one thing Krishnaji and Shipraji became good friends.

    In whole chapter one thing is clear Priya had great respect for jayesh uncle and Meera who name has introduced but the character is yet to be. Let's see how long Ram will wait for the chance that Priya is denying to give him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok face off between 2 lover were something worth of reading Priya has been more stronger then ever this is something I really can't get enough to read yes I m liking this strong headed Priya she is mature & determined in her life on other side Ram is at faults for sure either he had never felt guilty & wanted to clear the air from his side but Priya is not giving him chance nd that is right too if he got that chance she will gain go weak front of him as she still love him but now in name of hate.... something really happen worst with them by Rajat that Priya took this disaster step by moving on from Ram well both still love each other so at the end they r going to be together just talk of some days.... but Jayesh & Meera had been great support for Priya till now hope they will be remain the same after Priya & Ram's truth come out.... can't wait to read next moving on for next...

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 48 : Enough to be Worse.

Chapter 48 : Enough to be Worse. Everyone in the room stood stunned as Jayesh and Sudheer went through the warrant t...